From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Berman
Sent: 04 March 2008 15:23
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Totalling

Hi - I have a detail file of invoice numbers and amounts that will
contain more than one item per invoice. I would like to obtain a total
per invoice and list this via SQL. Rather than making another RPG
program.
the data is like this:

SHIPPED SHIPPED DIV ACCT STORE SALES DETAIL
INVOICE INVOICE CODE NO NO TAX NET
DATE NUMBER DOLLARS AMOUNT
6/11/07 1101661 50 92584 7001 25.54 125.88
6/11/07 1101661 50 92584 7001 25.54 299.76
6/11/07 1101662 50 92584 7002 25.54 125.88
6/11/07 1101662 50 92584 7002 25.54 299.76
6/11/07 1101663 50 92584 7003 25.54 125.88
6/11/07 1101663 50 92584 7003 25.54 299.76
6/11/07 1101664 50 92584 7004 25.54 125.88
6/11/07 1101664 50 92584 7004 25.54 299.76

I would like to use the existing file here and change the records that
it will show the total per invoice and delete what is no longer needed.
Or is creating a work file output here the only option?