Armbruster, Tom wrote:
Jerry,

I think %diff returns type duration by default unless it's assigned to a
numeric data type. If you cast the result as a number, it should work:

IF %int(%Diff(Cur_Time:Last_Time:*Minutes)) > 60

Tom, that shouldn't be necessary. %DIFF does return a "duration" but it's not a duration in the SQL sense; it's a numeric value that means a duration measured in a single unit (days, hours, minutes etc).

There _was_ a problem with %DIFF where the result wouldn't work propertly as a numeric value in a couple of scenarios, but it was fixed about 4 years ago in V5R1 and V5R2. The fix should be in V5R3 without a PTF although you might need a PTF for TGTRLS. But anyway, if I recall correctly, using %DIFF in a comparison wasn't one of the problem scenarios.