Doing some digging, we have transaction files dating back to 2000. All of the files, 2000 - 2007 and the program have a level of 360F5E7996A95. The 2008 file has a level of 3A66B0EAEFC14. They were all created using the same DDS with CRTPF. The program uses a EXTFILE on the F spec as the users can pick any date range between 2000 and now. The file name is built in the program depending on the date entered (OET07, OET08, etc.) and then opened. Nothing has changed in the DDS for the file, what would cause the level to be different?

Kelley

----- Original Message -----
From: <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: Level Check Issue

If you do a DSPPGMREF against that program you should see something like:
Object . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : AAAKEY
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ROB
Object type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *FILE
File name in program . . . . . . . . . . : AAAKEY
File usage . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Input
Number of record formats . . . . . . . . : 1
Record Format Format Level Identifier Field Count
DBLR 37530AEC104BE 6

Then, if you do a DSPFD against that file, in that library then the format
level identifier should match.

Now, if they do not, perhaps you compiled this program against the file
back when it was still compiled with "internal" definitions instead of
with the new "external" definitions you mentioned in your email. That
kind of a change would definitely make a difference in the format level
id.
Make sure you're overridden to the new external definition, and recompile.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073