Peter

I find that path naming format is the best for everything - it always works. If I'm in a windows command prompt and in an ftp session, I almost always execute a 'quout site nam 1' to force things. This works, even when the iSeries is set for library naming - NAM 0 - and has a library for the current "driectory" - the other way does NOT work - if in NAM 1 (CHGFTPA controls this for the server) and using home directory for current directory, you can't 'quote site nam 0' without a CD to a library in path naming.

Also, with path naming, you can transfer SAVFs without pre-creating one - just use the .savf extension for the file on the iSeries.

Path naming is also basically the same as all other OS's - easier to teach others who are new to iSeries.

Regards
Vern