Thanks guys... but I am now going at this a different way... the following
actually runs but produces this error...

Selection error involving field *N.
Select or omit error on field (Cast(BANKCDTL_2.QECMNT[7], Char Fixed Len
40 Pad(x40,x4040)) AS Short Packed(1,0)) member BANKCHDR.

Select qfgrp AS "Group", qfdate AS "Date", CLSUPR AS "Team Lead",
qfuser AS "User",
qfstCd || Digits(qfArea) || Digits(qfBank) as "Acct#",
Sum(Midnight_Seconds(substring(qecmnt,10,8)) -
Midnight_Seconds(substring(qecmnt,33,8))) AS "Elapsed Time"
From BANKCHDR
Join BANKCDTL
On qFStCd=qEStCd And qFArea=qEArea And qFBank=qEBank And qFGrp=qEGrp
And qFTYPE=qETYPE And QFCRCD=QECRCD
Join CSRCLVLPF
On QFGRP=CLLGRP AND QFUSER=CLCSR
Where QFTYPE = '3' AND idate(QFDATE) >= (CURRENT DATE - 7 DAYS)
AND CLSUPR IN ('MELANIEG', 'MARYB', 'AMYR', 'MELISSAJ', 'SERGIOC')
AND QECMNT = 1
ORDER BY QFGRP, QFDATE, CLSUPR, QFUSER

I am pretty sure it is erroring on...

Sum(Midnight_Seconds(substring(qecmnt,10,8)) -
Midnight_Seconds(substring(qecmnt,33,8))) AS "Elapsed Time"

the substrings for qecmnt should produce a 99:99:99 format...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay Vaughn
Senior I5 Programmer/Analyst