From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:53 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Display file windows that look like dialog boxes

I bet you nailed it. Am I reading this right? You window is 16 by 76
? I wonder if the window is wrapping around, past column 80? what
happens if the starting position is column 1 or 2?

Pete Helgren wrote:
Yes. Thanks. That appears to be the default value whenever I compile,
so that doesn't appear to be the source of the problem.

I recompiled an older display file just to see if it made any
difference. It didn't change the behavior of the old program.

So, I am stumped. I have several other programs that use a pattern
similar to this and none have this problem. When they display they have
a regular, graphical border.

Is it because the display size and the window size is so similar? Do I
need to allow for more space around the window to allow for a border?

Pete

Booth Martin wrote:

There is a compile option:

Enhanced display . . . . . . . . ENHDSP *YES

From the Help Text:

" Enhanced display (ENHDSP) - Help

Specifies whether the data being shown at a display station by this
display file is using the enhanced capabilities available on the
display station.

*YES
The data for the display file is shown using any enhanced
capabilities available on the display station. These
capabilities can include mnemonics, selection cursor, and
graphical window borders.

*NO
The data for this display file is shown as it would be on a 5250
display station. No enhanced capabilities that are available on
the display, such as mnemonics, selection cursor, or graphical
window borders, are used. This value is normally used to
preserve character-based interaction across all display
stations. "

That should be the issue. As to the Enhanced Controller bit... I
believe the Enhanced Controller has been delivered for the past 10+
years, so it is probably a moot point today.

Pete Helgren wrote:

Been scratching my head over this one a bit before posting. Here is the

question. What attributes do you set on a display file so that it will
display with a nice, smooth border, like you can see here with Booth's
examples:
http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/Dropdown_box/dropdown_box.html

I have some of these working just fine but I just created another one
that has no subfile records, it is just a simple window with a few
fields in it and it displays with the : : : : characters instead of a
nice smooth graphical looking line around the border.

I can't see a difference in the way I am creating the display file but I

can't get it to work. I used WDWBORDER but it got me no closer.

Display attributes are here:

A DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
A CF24(24 'F24-Command')
A INDARA
A R RECORD1
A*%%TS SD 20071019 104657 PETE REL-V5R3M0 5722-WDS
A WINDOW(*DFT 16 76)
A CF04(04 'F4-Prompt')
A CF05(05 'F5-Reset')
A CF11(11 'F11-Delete')