Surely the same can be said of the following
1) 11:59pm is 1 minute before 12:00pm. 11:59pm is obviously just before
midnight, so 12:00pm is midnight.
2) 11:59am is 1 minute before 12:00am. 11:59am is obviously just before
noon, so 12:00am is noon.

Confusing aint it

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

"Jeff Crosby"
<jlcrosby@dilgard
foods.com> To
Sent by: "'RPG programming on the AS400 /
rpg400-l-bounces@ iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange.com cc

Subject
11/28/2007 07:16 RE: 00:00:00 or 24:00:00
AM

Please respond to
RPG programming
on the AS400 /
iSeries
<rpg400-l@midrang
e.com>

When I get confused as to when 12:00pm and 12:00am occur, I use the
following trick to remind me.

1) 12:00pm is 1 minute before 12:01pm. 12:01pm is obviously just after
noon, so 12:00pm is noon.
2) 12:00am is 1 minute before 12:01am. 12:01am is obviously just after
midnight, so 12:00am is midnight.

But I'm with you, just 1 more reason to use a 24-hour clock. Oh wait,
isn't
that where the 00:00 and 24:00 confusion came in? <g>

--
Jeff Crosby
UniPro FoodService/Dilgard

company. Unless I say so.