From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Takken, Cor
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:00 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: 00:00:00 or 24:00:00

Peter,

According to ISO 00:00 is the same as 24:00. I agree with you that this
definition "itches" like a new woolen jumper, but there you go. My
personal favourite is that 00:00:00 is midnight and 24:00:00 is some
kind of high-value.

But on a more serious note: both 00:00:00 and 24:00:00 say nothing
without an accompanying date and then one might argue that they may both
fall on the same date and therefor express "the date at the very
beginning" and "the date at the very end". However in my view that
person has just performed a feat of quite some magnitude: (s)he has
elongated the day with a second; not as a time adjustment, but as a
permanent situation. These kind of situations where there can be more
than one interpretation need to be resolved by making a defining
statement, which needs to be communicated between all parties involved.