Hi Jim,

When I try and debug an program (one bound SQLRPGLE module) the source in the debugger does not match what is executing (ie: stops on comment lines, etc).

One of the drawbacks of using a precompiler for SQL is that it changes the source code before compiling the final object, and sometimes you get this sort of thing.

In the STRDBG (green screen) too, try hitting F15 and selecting the ILE RPG Listing view. Granted, you won't see your SQL statements the way you coded them, but what you WILL see the is the actual code that the debugger is executing. In other words, you'll see the code that the precompiler generated, rather than the original source.

Note that the "ILE RPG Listing View" is the view you'd normally get with DBGVIEW(*LIST).

But, when you specify DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) on CRTSQLRPGI, it always generates both a *SOURCE debug view and a *LIST debug view... and sets *SOURCE as the default. The *SOURCE view is generated by the precompiler (so you get your original source code -- not the stuff fed into the actual RPG compiler). The *LIST view is created by the RPG compiler itself.

Personally, I find that rather confusing -- but if you try F15, you'll see that both views are there.

I assume that theres a way to do the same thing in the GUI debuggers, but I don't know what it is, since I usually use the green screen one.