Booth,

Assuming that FILE1DS and FILE2DS are DS's and each contains the corresponding four subfields mentioned, then yes, that should be equivalent. I was responding directly to the logic error the Joep had posted.

But if the DS's mentioned above are set up, then the original statement can be modified:

IF Not *inmr or (*in02 and FILE1DS <> FILE2DS);

So that form would be more concise and IMHO easier to read.

-mark