Vincenzo

Short answer is Yes

Long answer - there are several ways.

1. Oracle has a DRDA provide. Benefit? You can use embedded SQL. Problem? Very costly - at least $25,000

2. IBM has its WebSphere Information Integrator. Benefit? You can use embedded SQL with more than just Oracle. Problem? Uses a middleware PC (minor issue maybe) and it is also very costly.

3. Use Java - Scott Klement has had some articles on this. Benefit? Universal nature of Java and it's included with i5./OS. Problem? Learning Java (might have those skills already and not really too bad with examples) and learning how to link to RPG - you cannot do embedded SQL.

</verndor response>
4. A product such as our RPG2SQL Integrator. Benefit? Familiar RPG technique of using procedure calls, low cost compared to #1 and #2, use with more than just Oracle. Problem? Uses a middleware PC (again, not much of an issue these days) and it does not use embedded SQL.

You can take a look at product info at our site at www.rjssoftware.com - you can get a demo and 30-day trial by contacting us at sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 888.rjs.soft or contact me offline - I develop the iSeries side of it.
</verndor response>

There is a fine article by Kent Milligan of IBM that discusses these options. Google for milligan and heterogeneous or go to www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 and dig around into the tech articles there.

HTH
Vern