The example I did for my last application was that I have multiple ways to
display or access the data and didn't want to write the business rules
multiple times for each file update. So I have one program that focuses on
updating the tables, and one program that focuses on displaying the data. In
my case, for each set of master/comment files. Then I wrote subfile display
programs to used for selection and called the proper update/display program.

This really was smart of me during to do this when I rewrote everything,
because a couple weeks later more business rules where added and I didn't
have to change 10 programs to include the same logic for each.