----SNIP----

If you've placed the JAR file in /QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext, then
please, please DO NOT add it to your CLASSPATH. You'll only make
matters worse. The best course of action is to REMOVE it from the
/QIBM/UserData/Java400/ext directory, and ONLY put it in your CLASSPATH,
but it should also work if it's not in your CLASSPATH, but is only in
that "ext" directory.

If you decide to use the CLASSPATH as I recommend, then please ensure
the following:

a) The word CLASSPATH should be in all caps. No lowercase.

b) The full jar file should be listed in the CLASSPATH. i.e., it should
be /my/dir/sqljdbc.jar. If you only provide the directory name, it
won't work.

-Scott Klement

----SNIP----

Thanks a lot for your help. I went into the green screen and removed
all class path variables from the environment. I also removed the extra
classes and moved the sqljdbc driver to a different directory. I then
exited that job and logged in again. From scratch, I added a *job level
CLASSPATH variable /QIBM/UserData/mydir/sqljdbc.jar

I even deleted the previous file and binary ftp'ed a newly downloaded
version to the iSeries.

After setting the classpath, I run the program from the command line
(call prog1).

It still is giving me the exact same error.

Here is the call from my RPG program. Maybe I have something fouled up
in there:

BegSR GetConnection;
prop = JDBC_Properties();
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'userName' : 'wcpolsuser');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'password' : 'wcpolsuser');
JDBC_setProp(prop: 'databaseName' : 'QSInterface');

conn =
JDBC_ConnProp('com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SqlServerDriver'
: %trim(server)
: prop );

JDBC_freeProp(prop);
ENDSR;