From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jake Bruster
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:32 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Business Logic Servers ( was: MVC in RPG?)

The "how to" of writing an UI agnostic business logic server from
scratch is
exactly the process that I'm trying to understand. Although I've seen
many
references to the use of these servers, I've not been able to find an
article, book, or CBT course that fully describes the implementation
details
and the process for creating one of these servers using ILE RPG best
practices.

My original question was an attempt to derive the scope of the server.
Is
there a one-to-one relationship between the server and the traditional
monolithic green-screen program or should the server be more
generic with some type of "controller" program sitting between it and
the
UI?