From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DeLong, Eric
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 9:55 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Alternatives for remote program call

Yes, I've already begun considering DDM and DataQueues as alternatives,
though I haven't settled on anything yet. This would actually be a
pretty good fit for web services, but that's an expensive solution in
terms of CPU and memory (these are AS400 7xx boxes...)

I'm thinking too that, on the remote call (that contains the offending
CONNECT TO), if I can disconnect the invocation of the vendor code by
using a parameter file or data queue, that the remote SQL call would
work fine. Lots of potential solutions...

Thanks for the suggestions.
Eric