Hello,

Sorry if I'm way off base -- never used Joel's tool.

Whenever I've encountered "Call stack entry not found" errors, it was due to a bug in the RPG runtime. It was sending error messages to a call stack entry that had the same name as the module -- and in a NOMAIN module, there isn't usually a call stack entry with that name, so you get the "call stack entry not found".

This is a bug in the RPG runtime, because it shouldn't have assumed that there'd always be a call stack entry with that name.

Take a look at APAR SE11118 -- which explains the problem, presents a workaround, and provides fixes (unfortunately, the fixes are only for newer releases of the system):
http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.nsf/c79815e083182fec862564c00079d117/e6eb28d38195f35786256d6c003cb3a4

It's worth noting that this isn't the "root" problem. You see, this error occurs when RPG discovers an error (such as divide by zero, invalid array index, decimal data error... some run-time error...) the problem is that you don't know WHAT the error is, since the RPG runtime can't successfully send you a message about it.

Once you fix the "call stack error" (via PTF or workaround) then you'll be able to find out what the ACTUAL error is -- and maybe fix it.

Mike wrote:
Just playing with the RPG Bean program a bit, having a problem with the
program.

CRTPTYPMBR SRCFILE(QMODSRC) SRCLIB(MWLIBR) SRCMBR(F_NVMAST) PROTOMBR(F_NVM
ASTCP)
Member F_NVMASTCP added to file QMODSRC in MWLIBR.
Call stack entry not found.
CPF2479 received by procedure CMDPTYPMBR. (C D I R)
Application error. CPF2479 unmonitored by QRNXIE at statement 0000000021,
instruction X'0000'.
Application error. CPF2479 unmonitored by QRNXIE at statement 0000000021,
instruction X'0000'.

Any place I could start? Otherwise, I'll have to start up the debugger.