I was having a debate with another gent (Greg) on this very topic last week.

http://imho.midrange.com/2007/09/08/the-rpg-cycle-jsf-would-like-it-but-cant
-have-it/

If you are just starting out with your MVC concepting I would simply
recommend doing a lot more ILE to organize your code into reusable segments.
After you do that for a project then go back and review some MVC theory
articles and you will see right away what they are trying to accomplish.
You could go the MVC article reading direction first, but theory can get
thick real fast if you haven't at least tried to do more ILE.

What does "more ILE" mean? Put all of your business logic and file access
into reusable modules as it makes sense. I say "as it makes sense" because
purists will tell you that ALL I/O should be in modules, but I disagree when
it comes to RPG because we don't have concerns about multiple DB abstract
implementations like Java/JDBC has.

Anybody know of a solid article introducing MVC to RPG programmers using RPG
terms?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com