What JVM version are you using on the iSeries ?

I'm thinking the MS JDBC driver probably requires 1.4 or above..

Just a thought on something to check.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:09:05 -0700
from: "Alan Campin" <Alan.Campin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: JDBC Service Program

I am attempting to use Scott's JDBC service program to connect from an
RPG/ILE program to SQL Server.

I have put the .jar file in my default location
/qibm/userdata/java400/ext.

I call the JDBC_Connect method

conn = JDBC_Connect('com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver' :

'jdbc:sqlserver://srv14;databaseName=ExoticMetals':

%trim(userid) :

%trim(passwrd) );

Everything work until I try to do

str = new_string(InUrl);

conn = CallConnectMethod(JNIENV_P: InDriver: mid: str:

InConnectionProperties);

In procedure Driver_Connect.

I get the following error.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access
java/util/Calendar.getTimeInMillis from class
com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/Util

java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4
(Throwable.java:85)

java/lang/Error.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1 (Error.java:41)

java/lang/IncompatibleClassChangeError.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(IncompatibleClassChangeError.java:34)

java/lang/IllegalAccessError.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(IllegalAccessError.java:35)

com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver.connect(Ljava/lang/String;L
java/util/Properties;)Ljava/sql/Connection;+24 (:??

)

Anybody got an idea on this one?