Jerry - The library lists are the same and we use the *s36 system value

Scott - I changed the code to this

C EVAL COMMAND = 'SBMJOB
CMD'
C +
'('
C +
'*LIBL/ADLST1'
C + ' XXAPDL(' + XXAPDL +
')'
C + ' XXAPNO(' + XXAPNO +
')'
C + ' XXSORT(' + %CHAR(XXSORT) +
')'
C + ' XXSUBMIT(' + XXSUBMIT +
')'
C +
')'
C CALL
'QCMDEXC'
C PARM COMMAND
512
C PARM 512 COMMAND_LENGTH 15
5

when I do that I get this in the joblog.

*NONE Request 09/11/07 14:13:00.592040
QWTSCSBJ *N QEXCLSS QSYS 01A8
Message . . . . : -*LIBL/ADLST1
XXAPDL(109) XXSORT(1) XXSUBMIT(Y)
CPF2415 Escape 40 09/11/07 14:13:00.592080
QMHRCVPM QSYS 15C1 QEXCLSS QSYS 01A8
Message . . . . : End of
requests.
Cause . . . . . : This message is
sent to the program which runs the RETURN

command.
CPF1164 Completion 00 09/11/07 14:13:00.723872
QWTMCEOJ QSYS 00D7 *EXT *N
Message . . . . : Job
071803/JIMH/QDFTJOBD ended on 09/11/07 at 14:13:00; 1
seconds used; end code 0
.

I believe it is interprting the * before *libl as a s36 remark statment.

I am sure it is not calling the s36 proc, because I put a // pause
statement in it and this did not appear as a qsysopr msg.

when I tale the *libl/ out then this does appear as a qsysopr msg.

Message ID . . . . . . : SSP0349 Severity . . . . . . . :
99
Message type . . . . . :
Inquiry
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/11/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
14:28:32

Message . . . . : SYX3725 Options
(0)
Pause--when ready, enter 0 to
continue
Pause--when ready, enter 0 to
continue

Thanks again

Jim Horn

This email is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to the named addressee, you are not
authorized to read, print, retain copy, and disseminate
this message or any part of it. If you have received this
message in error please notify us immediately by email,
discard any paper copies and delete all electronic files
of this message.

message: 3
date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:35:56 -0600
from: Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: conversion of s36 to native

Silly question, but are the two library lists (interactive and batch),
the same?

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:38:44 -0500
from: Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: conversion of s36 to native

Hi Jim,

> it always calls the s36 procedure instead of the command
> interactively it works just fine

IIRC, you can just add a library qualifier to the command, and the
system will assume it's a native command. For example:

C EVAL COMMAND = 'SBMJOB CMD'
C + '('
C + '*LIBL/ADLST1'
C + ' XXAPDL(' + XXAPDL +

Good luck!

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:52:06 -0600
from: Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: conversion of s36 to native

Jim,

I also run in the 36 environment. I ran a test on my system; the 36 OCL
procedure was always (interactively) invoked, not the command.

It did not matter which library the OCL procedure was in, as long as it
was in my library list. The command, by the same name, exists in the
first library of the system library portion of the list.

How do you invoke the 36 environment? Through STRS36 or as a system
value setting? We use the latter.