You made my point better than I did, Joe. :) Thanks. I am convinced, inside, that most of it is an educational issue. Programmers, the really good ones included (like you), just don't know what is available with green screen, and of course have no reason to anymore. Which leads me to the final question. "Programming for the browser" as is the newest answer to everything, but as I look around I see two browsers in use.
IE and Firefox, and Firefox does not have big penetration. So... Microsoft will control the browser before long and once that is in place they will control networking. So, going to a browser interface in and of itself does nothing for us.
Joe Pluta wrote:
From: Simon Coulter

I think they're interesting, but really, aren't they a little
limited? For
example, unless I'm mistaken, you can't really specify things like
different
colors for the choices in a SNGCHCFLD.
See the CHCAVAIL, CHCCTL, CHCSLT, and CHCUNAVAIL keywords. Although
you cannot specify different colours for EACH choice in a single list
you can certainly control the colours of all choices in a given list.

Thanks, Simon. I see I asked the wrong question. While you cannot specify
your own colors, you can specify different attributes for different
conditions of the choice (available, unavailable, selected) which is what
the majority of color and font changes are used for in selection lists.

So maybe not so bad.

Joe