From: Booth Martin

I wonder if they have thought of 30,000 divided by 15 records/screen is
what? 2,000 up/down clicks from back to front?? Be sure you use a
scrollbar!

Having said that, I will add this: Consider using a page at a time and
as they select an item toss the selection, as is, into another sub-file
and when they press enter, or whatever, process the smaller subfile.

This is the main point. The reason behind an expanding subfile is to hold a
relatively small number of records without having to do the management. IBM
needed a reasonable limit, and 10,000 records is a reasonable limit. That's
at the very least some 500 pages of data.

If you have more than that, your users shouldn't be paging through, they
should be positioning to the data, but in any case that's when you use your
own database paging mechanism and just load the data as needed. It can be
loaded from a logical file, a cursor, a user space, an array, it doesn't
really matter.

Joe