From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:26 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Control Level Indicators (L1-L9)

Shouldn't be a problem; everyone who already knows everything has no
need for this list and, thus, probably isn't subscribed. So we all have

bits and pieces to share. Admittedly some us (moi) have fewer to share.

I am curious about a couple of things,Srinivas, since your original code

gave no clue. First, are you learning III or IV? If not IV, why III?
Second, if IV, fixed-format or free-format?

Finally, learn the cycle. Memorize it (well, the short version,
anyway). Regardless of the "Great Cycle Debates," it is paramount. You

may disregard using it later at your discretion, but you have to know
it. Only takes about 5 minutes and can be found in any IBM RPG
reference manual (and some textbooks).

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Srinivas Boggula wrote:
Hi ken,

Well said sir, I do agree with your statements
Since I'm at learning stage I need support from the teacher
And one more thing most of the concepts are new to me so it takes
time to understand those concepts and to implement.

My humble requests to every one please help juniors.

Regards,
Srinivas