I guess they're teaching RPG II instead of rocket science at the IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) now...

- Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Captain Jerry" <captainjerry@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: Control Level Indicators (L1-L9)

You don't have kids, do ya' Ken? It's the oldest trick in the book! LOL

On 8/27/07, rick baird <rick.baird@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ken,

You just completed this young man's homework assignment. ;-)

On 8/27/07, Ken Slaugh <ken.slaugh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FPF1 IP E K DISK
> FQPRINT O F 132 PRINTER
>
> d LRPop s 15s 0 inz
> d L2Pop s 15s 0 inz
> d L1Pop s 15s 0 inz
>
> IPFREC1 01
> I STATE L2
> I CITY L1
>
> c L2 clear L2Pop
> c L1 clear L1Pop
>
> c eval L1Pop = L1Pop + Population
>
> cL1 eval L2Pop = L2Pop + L1Pop
> cL2 eval LRPop = LRPop + L2Pop
>
> oQPRINT T L1
> o 'City - '
> o L1Pop Z
> o T L2
> o 'State - '
> o L2Pop Z
> o T LR
> o 'Final - '
> o LRPop Z

> Hope this helps,
>
> Ken Slaugh (707) 795-1512 x118
> Director of Technical Development
> Chouinard and Myhre, Inc.
> http://www.cm-inc.com/
>
> DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail may be > confidential
> and is intended solely for the use of the addressee. Access, copying or
> re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other
> person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator and
> destroying all unauthorized copies.

"entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"
(one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities
required to explain anything.)
-- Franciscan friar William of Ockham (Ockham's Razor)