My first thought was "why not add OVRSCOPE(*[whatever])". Until I
looked and realized that you can't scope OVRMSGF at all (at least on my
machine - V5R2). Very interesting....

maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/24/2007 10:12:31 AM >>>
Hi Everyone,

Just a note for those of you who use a procedure to handle calls to
QCMDEXC. I have a program that has a QCMDEXC procedure which simply
figures out the length of the command and calls QCMDEXC passing the
command and the length.

In that same program I have another procedure called TESTADDR that calls

a WorksRight Software program to validate a postal address. The
WorksRight program requires a message file override, so in the TESTADDR
procedure I had:

QCMDEXC('OVRMSGF MSGF(QUSERMSG) TOMSGF(MLMESG)');

In this situation, the override is only in effect while control is in
the QCMDEXC procedure. When control returned to the TESTADDR procedure,

the override was gone. I guess I should of realized this since a
procedure is another entry on the call stack.

I replaced the QCMDEXC procedure call with a straight program call in
the TESTADDR procedure and the override stayed in effect for the call to

the WorksRight program.

Hope that helps someone.

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.