Thanks for all the Answers. Mr. Morris I think you get me Closer
to the error I have. I have now change the setup so the
HOST_PTR and TIMEOUT parameters should bee correct.

And I was already investigate the ANSTYPE field that I also
have missed. My other problems is that I not have converted
the CMTY (communities) to ASCII. This gave me some headage because all
windows/Unix/AS400 systems seems to have this in ASCII and z/OS
system has this in EBCDIC.

But I still have some trouble with snmpSet. It now gives me Return code
-5 API_RC_OUT_OF_BUFFERS There were not enough internal buffers to
continue

But if I change the ASNTYPE to ASN_NULL then I got Return Code 0 OK. But
I do nothing. No data has been written to MIB.

ASN Type I have found is now included in my test program. And this
program do both a Write and a Read MIB.

I hope any one can help me more please. !!

HDFTACTGRP( *NO ) BNDDIR( 'QC2LE' )

D GETSNMP PR 10I 0 EXTPROC('snmpGet')
D PDU_PTR * VALUE
D HOST_PTR * VALUE OPTIONS(*STRING)
D TIMEOUT 10I 0 VALUE
D COMM_PTR * VALUE OPTIONS(*STRING)
D COMM_LEN 10I 0 VALUE

D SETSNMP PR 10I 0 EXTPROC('snmpSet')
D PDU_PTR * VALUE
D HOST_PTR * VALUE OPTIONS(*STRING)
D TIMEOUT 10I 0 VALUE
D COMM_PTR * VALUE OPTIONS(*STRING)
D COMM_LEN 10I 0 VALUE

D VARBIND DS

D NEXT * INZ(*NULL)

D POID * INZ(%ADDR(OID))

D ASNTYPE 1A

D VALLEN 10I 0 INZ(4)

D VALPTR * INZ(%ADDR(VALUE))

D SNMPPDU DS

D PDUTYPE 1A

D ERRSTS 10I 0

D ERRIDX 10I 0

D PVARBIND * INZ(%ADDR(VARBIND))

D RC 10I 0 INZ(0)

D VALUE S 4A

D OID S 50A INZ(X'F14BF34B+

D F64BF14BF24BF14BF14BF64BF000')

D F64BF14BF24BF14BF14BF64BF000')

D HOST S 50A

D CMTY S 6A

D Translate PR ExtPgm('QDCXLATE')

D Length 5P 0 Const

D Data 4A

D Table 10A Const

D ASN_INTEGER s 2A INZ(x'02')

D ASN_OCTET_STR s 2A INZ(x'04')

D ASN_NULL s 2A INZ(x'05')

D ASN_OBJECT_ID s 2A INZ(x'06')

D ASN_IpAddress s 2A INZ(x'40')

D ASN_Counter s 2A INZ(x'41')

D ASN_Gauge s 2A INZ(x'42')

D ASN_TimeTicks s 2A INZ(x'43')

D ASN_Opaque s 2A INZ(x'44')

D RCPRM S 10A INZ(' ')

/Free

OID = '1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4.0' + X'00';

HOST = 'AS4HE3T.FDB.DK';

CMTY = x'7075626C6963'; // VALUE = 'public' in ASCII

VALUE = x'54455354'; // VALUE = 'TEST' in ASCII

ASNTYPE = ASN_OCTET_STR;

RC = SETSNMP(%ADDR(SNMPPDU):%TRIM(HOST):2:%ADDR(CMTY):6);

If RC = 0;

RCPRM = '0';

Else;

RCPRM = %Char(RC);

EndIf;

DSPLY RCPRM;

RC = GETSNMP(%ADDR(SNMPPDU):%TRIM(HOST):2:%ADDR(CMTY):6);

If RC = 0;

RCPRM = '0';

Else;
RCPRM = %Char(RC);