JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 04:25 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Help with QSYCUSRA API - Check User Authority

just in case you are interested here is my error code DS
dErrorDS ds Qualified
d BytesProvided 10i 0 Inz(%Size(ErrorDS))
d BytesAvailable 10i 0
d MsgID 7a
d 1a
d Text 500a Varying

so your call would look like this:

QSyCUsrA(AuthYN:'USERID':'LIBRARY/FILENAME':'*FILE':
Authority:AuthNbr:CallLevel:ErrorDS);
Thanks,
Tommy Holden

jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 04:15 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Help with QSYCUSRA API - Check User Authority

OH - right.

Thanks!

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 04:13 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Help with QSYCUSRA API - Check User Authority

you still have a problem. error code is NOT a pointer...it's variable
character data.

d errorcode 500a options(*varsize)

the field definition would be a character field as well...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 04:01 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Help with QSYCUSRA API - Check User Authority

Okay - Thanks for your help!

Here's the new code (for the archives), and it's working now...

// Interface for the API...
D QSyCUsrA PR ExtPgm('QSYCUSRA')
D 1A CONST Authority Indicator
D 10A CONST Profile Name
D 20A CONST Qualified Object Nam
D 10A CONST Object Type
D 110A CONST Authority
D 10i 0 Number of Authorites
D 10i 0 Call Level
D * Error Code

D AuthYN S 1A
D ObjType S 10A
D Authority S 110A
D AuthNbr S 10i 0 INZ(1)
D CallLevel S 10i 0
D ErrorCode S *

D Response S 1A

/Free

//AUTHYN = 'N';
ObjType = '*FILE ';
Authority = '*CHANGE ';

QSyCUsrA(AuthYN:'USERID ':'FILENAME LIBRARY ':ObjType:
Authority:AuthNbr:CallLevel:ErrorCode);

DSPLY AUTHYN ;

*INLR = *On;

/End-Free

I also had to take the Varying off of the Authority parameter.

Thanks for your all of your help.

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 03:55 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Help with QSYCUSRA API - Check User Authority

your prototype is severely off. char(*) in the IBM documentation means
it's a variable character data not a pointer (which is what you have the
parms defined as)

my prototype would be more like this:
D QSyCUsrA PR ExtPgm('QSYCUSRA')
d authindicator 1a
d userprofile 10a const
d qualobject 20a const
d objecttype 10a const
d authority 110a options(*varsize)
d authcount 10i 0 const
d calllevel 10i 0 const
d errorcode 500a options(*varsize)

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

"Francis Lapeyre" <flapeyre@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2007 03:47 PM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Help with QSYCUSRA API - Check User Authority

Also, I see what could be a problem is the 4B 0 definitions. Change them
*10I 0* (integer).