Donna,

Without testing, try something like:

WITH tmp AS (SELECT keyfield, CASE WHEN pval = 2 THEN pquant ELSE 0 END AS
first,
CASE WHEN pval = 1 THEN pquant ELSE 0
END AS second, pgross AS gross
FROM usa/atsfile
)
SELECT a.keyfield, SUM((first - second)) AS quant, SUM(gross)
FROM usa/atsfile a, tmp b
WHERE a.keyfield = b.keyfield
AND (first - second) = -300
GROUP BY a.keyfield