To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:07 AM
Subject: Strange ! Record not getting cleared if record not found.

Hello all,

Following are my program statements:

Fexcdtls0 iF E k Disk EXTFILE(wExcdtls0) USROPN

chain (d2wbcd:d2wccd:bdjtce) excdtls0;
if not %found(excdtls0);
clear ivb;
endif;

I always clear the record (ivb) if the record is not found so that
whenever any fields from that record are used it is blank or 0. This
morning I found it strange that the record does not get cleared. Is it
because in the F specs the file is input only(i) & not for update (u) ???

Thanks & best regards
Ewart