From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 9:28 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: OVRDBF - How do i check if it is successful??

why the Share(*yes)?
jim

----- Original Message -----
From: "derek gonsalves" <d_gons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 10:20 AM
Subject: OVRDBF - How do i check if it is successful??

Hi

I have a program in which i need to check for a record and with each
record
i need to perform an OVRDBF command and override the master file with
the
library name.

Read File
Dow %found
Eval W@lib = Libraryname
Eval W@prod = Product Name
Exsr $Ovrdbf

Prodno Chain Master File
If not % found
Write to printer file
Endif

Exsr $Dltoverride
Read File
Enddo

$Ovrdbf Begsr
Eval @Cmd = 'OVRDBF FILE(MasterFile)
TOFILE-
('+%TRIM(W@LIB) +'/MasterFile) SHARE-
(*YES)'

Call 'QCMDEXC'
Parm @Cmd
Parm 62 @length 15 5

Endsr

Now im not sure if the override is taking place!!!!!
Because for some records it prints it does not exist, whereas it
actually
exist in the master file in that data library.
Is there any method through which i can ensure that the over ride is
successfull??? Or am i going wrong somewhere???

Thanks in advance
Derek

PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail-award-winning
Windows
Live Hotmail.

http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migr
ation_HM_mini_pcmag_0507