From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Crispin Bates
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:10 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Does Qcmdexc return an error ??

From
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rbam6/exe
cp.htm

The command length, passed to the QCMDEXC program on the second parameter,
is the maximum length of the passed command string. Should the command
string be passed as a quoted string, the command length is exactly the
length of the quoted string. Should the command string be passed in a
variable, the command length is the length of the CL variable. It is not
necessary to reduce the command length to the actual length of the command
string in the variable, although it is permissible to do so.