From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:16 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: RNX9998 error on CHAIN

I wonder if the issue may be that you are using non-contiguous keys this time?

Also, why the 45?
c if %found

seems so much easier and clearer to everyone.

Willie J. Moore wrote:
I am getting a RNX9998 error when I try to chain to a file inside a RPGLE
program.

Jc6chnb chain slsmas 45
*in45 ifeq '1'
end

When I do DSPJOBLOG it says something about Internal Failure in compiler or
subroutine?
I ran DBG and it was the chain line that failed. I then commented out the chain and the program ran. I have used chains in the past with data structures in the past with no problems.
Any help or suggesting would be appreciated,
William Moore