From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonathan Mason
Sent: maandag 21 mei 2007 13:06
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Timestamp edit code problem with midnight
as00:00:00butIwant 24:00:00

Hi Cor

<snip>
There is no such time as 24:00:00, 24:00:00 only exists as
*HIVAL for time-fields if I'm not mistaken. This is purely a
matter of convention.
</snip>

According to ISO 8601 "time" represents the amount of time
that has passed in the day and that 24:00:00 should be used
when referring to the day's end and 00:00:00 should be used
when referring to the day's beginning.

For example: 2007-05-21 24:00:00 and 2007-05-22 00:00:00
refer to the same thing.

All the best

Jonathan

--
This is the RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries (RPG400-L)