Hi Larry -

On Tue, 15 May 2007 22:49:24 +0000, "Larry Ducie"
<larry_ducie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you're missing my point - you DON'T get the CPF5020 message (or any
other NOTIFY message) in your joblog if you read your subfile using READC
because you never attempt to read a record that doesn't exist.

When you READC and there are no more changed records, you _are_
attempting to read a record that no longer exists. And IIRC, on older
versions of OS/400 this _would_ put a message in the job log (which is
one of the reasons why I stayed away from it).

For the OP, since he already has a CHAIN loop, the simplest thing is
to keep a count of the number of subfile records loaded, and only loop
to that number. Then he is _truly_ never attempting to retrieve a
record that doesn't exist. And it doesn't require modifying the DDS
to add SFLNXTCHG.

Ken
http://www.kensims.net/