Hi!

I will try to receive the error in my on-error block... It seems that it is
the only real solution in my case...

Charles

<rob@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
One of the drawbacks on monitor, in which the possibility of numerous
errors is high, is just what you cited. A method commonly used when
errors are smaller, but you still do not want them cluttering the job log
(since you've already handled them) is to use the api to receive a message
from the job message queue in he on-error logic to remove the clutter. If
that sounds like the ticket, respond back and someone may post a sample.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Charles St-Laurent" <dringpiece@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/14/2007 08:06 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Fax to

Subject
Message queue is full...

Hi!

I run a program that detects decimal errors in files that I converted from
S/36 environment to native externally described files. The way my program
works is simple: I trap the decimal errors with MONITOR blocks. The only
problem is: with big files, my program generates many "decimal error"
messages in the background and sometimes I received a message saying that
the message queue is full.

The way I temporary patched my application is to launch it with *WRAP
parameter for my message queue but I do believe that it is not the best
solution. Is there any way to launch my program without changing deeply my
code and without generating this message? Or at least, can I delete this
message each time it is generated in my message queue?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Charles