From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stephen Landess
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:59 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem occurs when binding program that uses Qc3EncryptData

We are on V5R2.

These programs exist on our system:
Qc3EncryptData (QC3DTAEN) - Encrypt data
Qc3DecryptData (QC3DTADE) - Decrypt data

When compiling/binding Bob Cozzi's RC4 example program
<http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc/1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.6b37c204!more=1#more>
that uses this encryption API, I get the following error on the compile
listing:

Comments . . . . . . . . . . . : 179
* * * * * E N D O F F I N A L S U M M A R Y * * * * *
B i n d D i a g n o s t i c M e s s a g e s
Errors were found during the binding step. See the job log for more
information.
* * * * * E N D O F B I N D D I A G N O S T I C M E S S A G E S
* * * * *
Program RC4 in library US0T1106 not created.
* * * * * E N D O F C O M P I L A T I O N * * * * *

From the job log:

CPD5D02 Diagnostic 30 05/11/07 11:37:15.669528 QBNBIND QSYS
*STMT QBNBIND QSYS

From module . . . . . . . . : QBNBSYMR
From procedure . . . . . . : QBNBSYMR__UnresolvedReferenceIterator
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 31
To module . . . . . . . . . : QBNBSYMR
To procedure . . . . . . . : QBNBSYMR__SignalUnresolvedReferences
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 8

Message . . . . : Definition not found for symbol 'Qc3DecryptData'.

Cause . . . . . :
No definition was found for reference Qc3DecryptData in
*MODULE object RC4 in library QTEMP. The definition either does not exist or
is not of the same data or procedure type as the reference.

Recovery . . . :
Try the Create Program (CRTPGM) command again, supplying an object that
contains a definition for symbol Qc3DecryptData.