From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:23 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: R5 was: compile problem

Those who know when R5 may be coming out cannot legally say.

Dr. Frank said earlier this year that there will be no new release in
2007.

Sometimes I like to create hypothesis based on this:
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/systems/support/i/planning/upgrade/suptschedule
.html
But I can't really find a good pattern. So I combine it with
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct01004c/systems/support/i/planning/software/i5osschedul
e.html

Reaching into my WAG bag...
Last upgrade date to V5R1 was 21 Nov 2003 or 6 months before the announce
date of 5/04/2004 for V5R3.
Last upgrade date to V5R2 was 01 Oct 2005 or 3 months before the announce
date of 1/31/2006 for V5R4.
Last upgrade date for V5R3 is 04 Jan 2008. 3 to 6 months after that is
anywhere from April to July 2008 for a follow on release.
Disclaimer: This is all strictly based on the above two websites and is
totally a WAG.

Rob Berendt