Jorge,

My guess would be that %trimr(string:' ') is the same as %trimr(string).

Best regards,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we. Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

jmoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/05/2007 15:02
Please respond to

RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
%TRIMR Question

Hello RPG developers,

I have a question hoping that you will be able to help me

I came accross a piece of code that references this built-in function
%TRIMR
The software sends an email using the SNDDST command

Here it buids the string and tells the program how long the string is.
The question is ... Why the %TrimR portion is written as:

%TrimR(cmd: ' ')

It is my understanding that the %TrimR built-in function will
format the result string "with the right-blanks-trimmed"

Is the %TrimR(cmd) same as %TrimR(cmd:' ')

I am just no clear with this piece of code

Thanks for your answers

Here is the sample code - - - - - - -

CMD = 'SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET(' +
%TRIM(PSAddr) +