Hi Guy,

IF means INPUT only
UF means file is used for UPDATE
UF A means file is used for UPDATE and/or ADDITION
O means file is OUTPUT (records ADDED)

HTH,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guy Terry <guy.terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/08/07 05:14 AM
Please respond to

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Really basic question - File Description

My programmer is on holiday, otherwise I'd ask him...

I would like to see which of our program updates a file on our iSeries.
If I use WRKMBRPDM and search all our rpg source I see lots of
references to it like this

FNAME IF E K DISK

But in the program I think updates it I see

FNAME O E K DISK

Hopefully, the O tells me something helpful - like this program writes
to this file?
What do IF and UF (which I've also seen) mean, and are they any other
common definitions?

Thanks

Guy