It really is a matter of taste which way you go.
Some prefer service programs, some prefer bound-in modules, while others
perfer both.

If you're looking for a solution to the situation where you have one
module bound into more than one *PGM, the solution is a service program.
If you say "so what", then I suppose you don't think you have an issue--so
there's nothing else to say about it.

Certainly if you have a subprocedure used by multiple objects (programs,
service programs, modules, whatever) placing it into a service program has
its benefits--one location, one copy of code loaded, one place to go to
update the object code, etc.

A bound-in *MODULE also has its benefits. One "thing" is put into
production, changing the code in that module only impacts the programs you
update.

If you don't like having to update dozens or hundreds of programs or you
want the ability to add to a parameter list of a subprocedure, then
service programs are you only choice.

This stuff isn't intuitive, but it is easy once you learn the basics.
Someone who doesn't understand that once a *MODULE is bound into a *PGM
that, that module is no longer needed and can be deleted, certainly
doesn't understand how things work. So I can see how service programs
might be a bit too complicated.

But I think if you read some of the on-line materials available like the
ILE Concepts manual from IBM, you'll get a much more clear understanding
of how *MODULEs, *PGMs, and *SRVPGMs work together. And that may be give
you a better understanding of how to move forward and resolve these
questiosn that you have.

But don't get caught up in a "black and white" way of doing things with
this stuff. That is the lazy way out and is almost always wrong. Only use
*SRVPGM's isn't correct, only using bound-in *MODULEs isn't correct
either. They both exist for specific needs. It sounds like your needs have
changed and *SRVPGMs would resolve the challenges created by those
changes.

-Bob