DLee@xxxxxxxx wrote:
and as for using the rpg cycle with free, who said that was wrong?

Ummm, I didn't. I just asked why. To me anyway, the whole purpose is
readability. For me personally, having to "switch gears" between
something more modern like /free and the cycle is not as easy as reading
the code either all in /free or all in the cycle.

I'm sure this is a discussion I won't win, but I'm not in this to win,
There's no winning or losing - it's up to you to code however you are
comfortable with and as you said, it "gets the job done".

If I use the RPG cycle to read files, who cares. I use the rpg cycle as
convience, and I don't think of it as a negative.
I don't think of it as a negative either. I think of it more like a
deprecated html tag. Or like css. I really hate trying to get those
stupid <div> tags to be columns or rows or whatever it is I need at the
time when a good old-fashioned table would do the trick easier. Sure it
might be harder to read with the nested tables, but I can code it quicker
than I can css. Unfortunately, time marches on and what is "in" today may
not be "in" tomorrow, and I feel part of my job as a good programmer is
keeping up with the tools, technology, and trends of "modern" programming.

So, I don't code using the cycle. Not because I consider it to be "evil",
simply because it is no longer a part of mainstream coding practices and I
prefer those silly little ";". =)