The only time I've ever had this problem, I stopped loading the
subfile at 9999 and issued an error message. there were limiting /
positioning selection fields in the control record to allow them to
continue by reloading the subfile with different selection fields.

On 4/27/07, Walden H. Leverich <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As this program is in PRODUCTION this
>problem needs to be rectified IMMEDIATELY...

Yes, but probably not the way you're implying. Assuming the subfile gets
20 lines on a screen the user will have to hit page down 500 times (FIVE
HUNDRED) before that blows up. Assuming a more realistic 10-15 you're in
750 to 1000 page downs. I have NEVER seen a case where a properly
designed screen/lookup/whatever requires the user to hit pagedown 500
times. The only thing I can see even coming close is a notes-display
screen, and even there, segment the notes somehow, by month? Year?
Century?

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III