Seems like many things are labeled "bad", "harmful", "do not use on pain of
death", purely because they are Pre-ILE not because because they are
necessarily bad in any way.

Just my thoughts. :-)

Steve

No, because it is sometimes easier to do something with the cycle than
against it. Try doing matching records in a non-cycle program. 99% of
my programs are non-cycle, but knowing the cycle can be a time saver.
When I was teaching RPG (eons ago it seems), teaching to the cycle was
the first step. Today I doubt that it is even mentioned in RPG classes,
like it's a bad thing to be avoided. Pshaw!

* Jerry C. Adams