Cincy used to ROCK the midrange world......................

On 4/24/07, Bentley Pearson <BPearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HAH! They pay in sausage. ;)

If you want to find RPG skills just come to Birmingham, Alabama. One of
the area's larger employers from what I have read is tanking. I believe
they have an iSeries staff of over 50. Lots of contractors on top of the
employee base.

The code is mostly rpg-sql with a smattering of real ILE constructs.

North Central Alabama 15 years ago was a large IBM midrange install
base. Not anymore. In 1989 I worked for a company that gave me one
objective. GET RID OF IBM. PERIOD. This from the CFO. I did and they
canned me. I guess the IBM logo tattooed on my rear did not help

Bentley Pearson
Vice President - Information Services
Southland National Insurance Corporation
1812 University Blvd
Tuscaloosa, Al
35403
205 345 7410