Actually there are tools that let you talk directly to MS Word from an RPG
or CL program.

Our iSeries Office Integrator product is one such offering, although it is
a commercial product.

Check out our web site for more info on the iSeries Office Integrator. You
can request a FREE demo.

You could also write sockets programs on the iSeries and a PC, but by the
time you wrote the code from scratch you could purchase a supported
product.

Another FREE option would be to write RPG or Java code to create an XML
formatted MS Word document using the new Open Document Format.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 6
date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:24:18 -0400
from: "Jon Allen" <jallen@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: RPG and Word ?

Search Google for "RPG FOR WORD" We use this product to do similar
stuff.