Darrell,

You do not to parenthese the *GT and * LT variables and the last variavble
in quotes. Something like:

('VLCOCD = %RANGE("' *TCAT &FCO *BCAT  &TCO *TCAT '") *AND VLEFDT *GT"'
*BCAT &BEGDT *BCAT '"*AND VLEFDT *LT"' *BCAT &ENDDT)

I assume &BEGDT and & ENDDT are character  variables with numeric values

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler