John,

Did this ever get answered?  I didn't see it if it was.

In the CL - you can do something like this....

             OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(LIB/QFTPSRC) MBR(FTPSCRIPT)
             OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(LIB/QFTPSRC) MBR(FTPOUT)

             FTP        RMTSYS('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx')

Then your FTPSCRIPT member can look something like this...
USERID    PASSWORD
BIN
NAMEFMT 1
CD DATA
PUT /IFSFolder/Dir1/filename.txt
QUIT

when you're done, any output (ie command log) from the FTP session will be
in the source member FTPOUT, and the file /IFSFolder/Dir1/filename.txt
will be in the folder DATA on the FTP server located at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

HTH

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"John Furniss" <JFurniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/16/2007 11:08 AM
Please respond to

<RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Creating an FTP command

            I need to call an FTP command to an Intel server from a CLP
(green screen V5). I've created FTP commands in the past, but only a few
times and forget how. I can copy an already existing source FTP and
change that. I believe it involves an OVRDBF to point to the source,
then a 'create' command?!?

            Any help would be appreciated - and sorry of this is
off-topic.

            Thanks,

John Furniss

Allied Machine & Engineering Corp.