Booth,

When is 70 ever set off? After the "When SF1OPT = '5'" line, I'm guessing that you're doing something and then setting the value of sf1opt to *Blanks and then updating SFL1. But if 70 was still on from any previous test, it would update the subfile record as an error.

Since you said you were testing, try the following test sequence:
   5

If the above hypothesis is correct, the '5' option, which is valid, will display as an error because 70 was set on for the 'X' option.

If that isn't what happens, I need more code sample.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.995.7024
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Booth Martin wrote:
RPG code:
  * Loop for all SFL records, validate that SFL Options are valid.
C                   for       wNdx = 1 to SF1RECS
C     wNdx          chain(e)  SFL1
C                   if        %found
C                   select
C                   when      SF1OPT = ' '
C                   when      SF1OPT = '5'
  * Every other option invalid.
C                   other
C                   eval      *in70 = *on
C                   eval      *in90 = *on
C                   update    SFL1
C                   endsl
C                   endif
C                   endfor

DDS Code
A          R SFL1                      SFL
A            SF1OPT         1   B  6  5
A  51                                  DSPATR(ND)
A  70                                  DSPATR(PC)
A          R S1                        SFLCTL( SFL1 )
A  70                                  SFLMSG('Invalid option +
A                                      keyed.' 70)

Bob P. Roche wrote:
can you show us some of your code where you read update the indicator and update the subfile, maybe someone can spot the problem?

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/08/2007 01:05 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Invalid subfile options and SFLMSG

Booth,

Did you update the subfile record after you turned *off the indicator?

HTH,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/08/07 01:01 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Invalid subfile options and SFLMSG

Why wouldn't the indicator be shut off when the message displays? The book says it will.

But, beyond that, I tried what you suggest and that made no difference.

Sharon Wintermute wrote:
I assume your *in70 is the error indicator.

When you loop thru your subfile records, you need to turn off *in70 when
you initially read it in.
Sharon