Hi,

So this is bugging me because I cannot figure out what's going on.

I am converting an old RPGII-style program and one of the things it does is
uses an run-time table which it loads from an external database.

I'm getting an error when the program initiates:

"Array or Table Load Sequence Error"

The table layout looks like this:

                Desc                                                Fld Name
Type   Length Dec   Loc

                Rate Table                               K01 RATTAB       A
        5              1

                Rate Period#                            K02 PER#             P
           1    0        6

                International Rate                             IRATE
P             7    4        7

                Initial Duration Factor                      IDURF           P
           4    0       11

                Orig. Rate                                       ORATE
P             7    4       14

                Overtime Duration Factor               ODURF          P
    4    0       18

                SURCHARGE RATE                    SRATE           P
6    4       21

                Rounding Factor                             RFACT          P
         1    0       25

                TABLE VERSION                        VER#             P
    2    0       26

                Last Changed Date                         CHGDATE    Z
 26             28

On the F-Spec, I've defined the table RATETABP as a record length of 53,
because that's what all that adds up to.

The Table definition(s) look like this.  The RATETABP table is broken out into
two tables:

D TABRAT          S              6     DIM(9999) FROMFILE(RATETABP)
D                                                 PERRCD(1) ASCEND
D TABRTE          S             47    DIM(9999) ALT(TABRAT)

When the program initiates, I get the array or table load sequence error.

The biggest change between what the old program and table layout looked like
and the new one is the addition of the TimeStamp field "CHGDATE" at the end of
the record.  But I don't think that is the problem.

Here's the really interesting part.

There are 5779 records in this file.

When I run the program and it bombs upon initiation, I can display the table
TABRTE (in debug mode) and I can see that it has valid data in it, all the way
up to record # 5778.  But TABRTE(index# 5779) is all blanks.

If I reduce the # of records in the table (say to 5700 or somewhere in
between), then it works fine.

Am I running into a limit on the size of run time tables maybe?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Shannon O'Donnell