Is the subrutine sending the error?

Do you mean SndEscMsg()?
It's a procedure around QMHSNDPM, that sends an escape message to the
previous callstack entry.
MSG4711 and MSG4712 are Message-Id located in my message file.
I can handle system generated errors over statuses, but not my own ones.

I also can do:
Monitor;
  CallProc();
On-Error 0101; //Error send by program or system that can be catched by
Status
On-Error 1218; //Error send by program or system that can be catched by
Status
On-Error;
   Select;     //Handling my own user defined errors
   When SDSMsgId = 'MSG4711';
EndMon;

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"What is worse than training your staff and losing them?  Not training them
and keeping them!"