Firstly, thank you all for your help with this issue.  Progress is being
made.

Sharon said:

Use LOG ( 4 0 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)The job log revealed a suggestion
for a logical file

Kim says:

The job log revealed a suggestion for a logical file...

Message . . . . :   Access path suggestion for file MAPOITM.

Cause . . . . . :   To improve performance the query optimizer is
suggesting a
  permanent access path be built with the key fields it is recommending.
The
  access path will access records from member MAPOITM of file MAPOITM in

  library DCIDATA...

  The following list contains the suggested primary and secondary key
fields:
  IPROD#, ICMPLT. If file MAPOITM in library DCIDATA is a logical file
then
  the access path should be built over member MAPOITM of physical file
MAPOITM
  in library DCIDATA.

I created the logical file and it helped.  However, not enough.  Per
several suggestions from wise persons on this list I tried to start a
detailed SQL Performance Monitor.  I may have to call IBM for
resolution, but I thought I would try this list first, just in case.
The monitor will not start.  All I get is the following messaages in the
QZDASOINIT job.

Printer device P1 not found.
ACGDTA for 635564/QUSER/QZDASOINIT not journaled; reason 1.
Job changed successfully; however errors occurred.
User KIM from client 192.168.1.59 connected to server.
Object QAUGDBPMD in library QUSRSYS not found.
Trigger program or external routine detected an error.
Output file QAUGDBJOBN created in library QTEMP.
Member QAUGDBJOBN added to output file QAUGDBJOBN in library QTEMP.